Quick thought on James Baxter

I am always in admiration of the incredible animators we have on this planet (I don't know what they have on other planets but I think we're doing awesome things over here). James Baxter is one of the most fun to look up. His animations are so smooth, his understanding of any character he animated always blows my mind, and the acting is fantastic. When this character lifts his chin up to take a deep breath you can see how James is able to communicate a 3-dimensional space into 2-D with so much skill. I'm always amazed at this level of knowledge. When I was an animator (that was my major before I took the plunge into Visual Development) translating a 3D shape in 2D while keeping the mass of the object intact was one of the most challenging things to do (which also made it more fun since the payoff can be quite rewarding).

Popular Posts